Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are recipes to create your own Easter egg dye from ingredients commonly found in your own kitchen. It's perfect for people who are wary of using synthetic dye or just want to have fun creating their own colors! Just pick a favorite color and leave the eggs soaking overnight in your homemade dye for the best results.
Type of CraftEdit
It all depends on what color dyes you are trying to create. See Directions below.
- Pink: 1 cup pickled beet juice and 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Dark Pink: Cut 1 medium beet into chunks. Add beet to 4 cups boiling water. Stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar. Let cool to room temperature. Remove beets.
- Lavender: 1 cup grape juice and 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Brown: 1 cup strong coffee and 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Blue: Cut 1/4 head of red cabbage into chunks. Add cabbage to 4 cups boiling water. Stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar. Let cool to room temperature. Remove cabbage with a slotted spoon.
- Bluish-Gray: Mix 1 cup frozen blueberries with 1 cup water. Bring to room temperature. Remove blueberries.
- Yellow: Remove the peel from 1 orange. Add peel to 4 cups boiling water. Stir in 2 tablespoons vinegar. Let cool to room temperature. Remove orange peel.