Designed by Pattie Donham Wilkinson A great back-to-school project to keep markers organized. Plus, it's cute! Source
Type of CraftEdit
- pinking shears
- felt in blue, yellow and red
- peel n stick tape
- fabric marker
- googly eyes
- Measure and use pinking shears to cut felt squares into the following sizes: main = 7½” x 16”; marker pocket = 4½” x 25”.
- Cut several thin 4” strips of Peel N Stick Tape.
- Place a strip of Peel N Stick Tape vertically along the bottom side edge of large main piece of felt. Peel backing and press in place.
- Peel off protective liner from top of tape strip and press short side of marker pocket in place on top of the tape. Press firmly to seal.
- Place a Fabric Marker between the layers of felt, up against the sealed side edge. Remove backing from one side of Peel N Stick Tape and press onto felt next to marker. Press top layer of felt in place, creating a holder around marker.
- Repeat step until all marker pockets have been created.
- Seal bottom of the marker pockets by placing small pieces of Peel N Stick Tape in between layers of felt at the bottom of pockets and press to seal.
- Determine length of ribbon needed to wrap around marker holder when folded into thirds as shown. Cut ribbon then press a 3” strip of Peel N Stick Tape on the center area of underside of ribbon and center on the back of your marker holder and press to seal. Tie ribbon in a knot around front of holder to hold closed.
- Use pinking shears to cut two oval shapes for eyes and glue in place on front of holder above ribbon. Glue buttons on top of oval shapes to finish eyes.
- Cut mouth shape from a different color of felt and glue in place under ribbon. Let dry completely.