These adorable little sombreros make fun table decorations for your Cinco de Mayo celebration! Make one or several for south of the border fun.
Type of CraftEdit
- Styrofoam or paper cup
- Mini paper plate
- 1" wide strip of brown felt
- 1/4" wide strip of red felt
- 1/4" wide strip of orange felt
- Acrylic paint in red and sunflower (tan/yellow)
- Medium pom-poms in red, green, yellow, orange, white and brown
- Paint brush
- Hot glue gun
- Paint paper plate and Styrofoam cup with sunflower paint. Let dry and repeat. Paint the outer edge of the plate rim red. Let dry completely.
- Hot glue the Styrofoam cup to the center of the paper plate to form your hat.
- Glue the brown felt around the bottom of the Styrofoam cup (the edge that is touching the plate) to make the hat band. Glue the red and orange felt over the brown to create stripes.
- Glue the pom-poms to the red edge of the paper plate, alternating colors as you go (green, white, red, yellow, brown, orange, green, white, etc.).