I am an artist and crafter blogging about my inspiration, current projects, craft ideas, giveaways, and occasional travels. I work primarily in felt and fabric but do a wide variety of arts and crafts including decoupage, sewing, weaving, embroidery, painting, drawing, collage, beading, and quilting. I am primarily a self-taught crafter, though my degree is in Art with a concentration in Illustration.
Some of my favorite items to make include:
- decoupaged frames and wall art
- humorous mini collages
- felt jewelry and accessories (purses, bracelets, necklaces, pins, barrettes)
- quilts (especially with applique)
- felt softies
- handwoven chenille scarves (made on my rigid heddle loom)
- watercolor paintings
- home goods (felt coasters, ribbon placemats and table runners)
I especially love stitching things by hand and coming up with ideas for new handmade items. There is something so cool about using different materials to create a picture or bring to life a design from your imagination. It's also fun to take your existing craft supply stash and come up with new ways to use it up! I enjoy traveling to far-off places to get ideas and of course fill a sketchbook with my interpretations of new scenes. I love birds and have two cockatiels who love to "help" me craft!