This patriotic pillow shines brightly as a symbol of your U.S.A. pride. A simple application of Tulip® Soft® Fabric Paint in metallic red gives this pillow star power in your Fourth of July décor. Designed by Allee Marderosian.
Type of CraftEdit
- Tulip® Sponge Pouncer™
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint
- BI15803 Christmas Red
- Cotton fabric – white
- Sewing machine with thread to match fabric
- Chalk pencil
- Painter’s tape – 1” width
- Trace two stars from pattern with chalk pencil onto fabric.
- Cut two stars from fabric.
- Add parallel lines of painter’s tape on the right side of one fabric star. Separate tape strips by 1”.
- With Tulip® Sponge Pouncer, apply a layer of Red Tulip® Soft® paint between tape strips.
- Remove tape. Let dry completely.
- Align fabric stars on top of one another, with right sides together. Use sewing machine to sew a ¼” seam around all edges, leaving an opening of about 3”. Trim off excess fabric at points of star and turn right side out.
- Stuff pillow with fiberfill. Use needle and thread to hand sew closed. Finished pillow will measure approximately 22” wide.