This fun little bird is hand sewn using wool felt and embroidery floss. These little guys were designed to fit into plastic Easter eggs and are a great spring toy!
Type of CraftEdit
- Wool felt
- Wool roving
- Cotton embroidery floss
- Pins (optional)
- Cut two body pieces from wool felt using the pattern found at http://moosaidthemama.blogspot.com/2011/03/wool-felt-toy-pattern-baby-bird.html
- Embroider eyes using cotton embroidery floss. The french knot stitch or satin stitch works well for the eyes.
- Sew body pieces together using the blanket stitch.
- Attach belly piece to the base as indicated. Remember to leave an opening near the tail for stuffing.
- Stuff the bird with wool roving.
- Sew closed the opening using the blanket stitch.
- Sew wings to the sides of the bird using a satin stitch or blanket stitch.